North Alabama Specialty Hospital is seeking a Part-Time Student Nurse Extern! The student nurse extern functions under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse which will allow him/her to gain experience in the clinical setting. The primary focus is education and assisting the student nurse to transition into position as a graduate nurse in the hiring hospital. The extern will care for patients ranging from 18 and up. Under the direction of an RN, the student nurse extern will provide direct nursing care as appropriate to training and competency for assigned patients within established policies, procedures, and protocols of the hospital. This is a temporary position.
- Must be actively enrolled and be in the final year of school. Position will be forfeited if enrollment in school ceases
- Must provide written reference from instructor
- Must provide unofficial transcript
- Must be in good academic standing in the school of nursing – must provide
- BLS Certification
- Must work minimally 24 hours per month while shadowing, 12 hours per month following the initial shadow period
- Must complete New Employee Orientation
- The Student Nurse Extern will work under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse preceptor
North Alabama Specialty Hospital, located in Athens, Alabama is an acute care hospital that specializes in the management of complex medical needs.
Our mission is to return patients to their optimal level of well-being in the least restrictive medical environment. We accomplish this through a multi-disciplined approach that includes aggressive clinical and therapeutic interventions, as well as family involvement. Our high staff-to-patient ratio ensures individualized attention. Our nurses, therapists, and physicians work with each patient to obtain the best possible outcomes.
North Alabama Specialty Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.