Lafayette Physical Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a Full-Time PPS Coordinator with Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) knowledge and experience. The PPS Coordinator provides coordination of the timely and accurate data completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility – Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) for each rehabilitation inpatient. They collect, review and monitor the information contained in the IRF-PAI, on each patient to assure accuracy in the scoring of functional status and reflection of the patient’s care needs, as documented in the medical record, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. In addition, this position is responsible for educating the licensed clinical staff on the GGH Scoring methodology. This position will assist in the ongoing monitoring of identified outcome benchmarks for the inpatient population. The PPS Coordinator has access to confidential patient information and maintains confidentiality of all information. IRF knowledge is required for this position.
For Full-Time employees, a comprehensive package is offered including competitive pay, direct deposit, medical insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, AD&D insurance, vision insurance, multiple voluntary insurance options, paid holidays, paid vacation time, paid sick time, optional credit union membership, cellular discount options, free uniform scrub after 90 days of employment, and 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution.
- RN or LPN (Preferred), Licensed/Registered Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the care of patients in a rehabilitation setting preferred
- Knowledge of E-Rehab preferred
- Demonstrates effective critical thinking skills
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors and staff
- Utilizes appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing and educating coworkers and staff
- Promotes participation, cooperation and teamwork
- Demonstrates problem solving in resolving issues
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication skills
- Must be able to articulately communicate, interpret and explain complex information and comprehend written communication positively
- Must be able to articulately communicate, interpret and explain complex information and comprehend verbal and electronic communication positively
- Additional languages desirable
- Detailed computer knowledge
- Possess excellent interpersonal and human relation skills
Lafayette Physical Rehabilitation Hospital (LPRH) is a state-of-the-art, free-standing, thirty-two-bed specialty hospital, located in the heart of Lafayette, LA, directly behind The Heart Hospital of Lafayette and Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital, off Kaliste Saloom Road. We provide inpatient rehabilitation services. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance.
Lafayette Physical Rehabilitation Hospital (LPRH) is an equal opportunity employer.